PPMD’s 2021 Virtual Annual Conference
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 23 – SATURDAY, JUNE 26
Welcome to PPMD’s 2021 Annual Conference – Virtual Edition! 2021 remains an extraordinary time for our global community. We are getting closer to safer days ahead and we want our Duchenne and Becker community to remain healthy and protected. While we miss meeting face-to-face, we recognize that now is not the time to take risks.
Though we can’t connect in person, we will once again be gathering virtually for this year’s Annual Conference! We hope you’ll enjoy the new, interactive additions to our program.
Join us virtually Wednesday, June 23 – Saturday, June 26 for four days of information, education, conversation, and community.
Each registered family will receive a “Conference in a Box” companion piece (US & Canadian residents only. Must register by June 9 for delivery by Conference. Available while supplies last).Register as a Family Member > Register as a
Professional / Other > Apply for Newly Diagnosed Program >
What can you expect from the Virtual Conference?
PPMD’s 2021 Virtual Annual Conference will feature:
- Presentations and discussion panels featuring the latest research, clinical trials, approved therapies, care initiatives, quality of life issues, and more
- One-on-one private appointments with Behavioral Therapists, Physical Therapists, Genetic Counselors, and other specialists in the field
- A track for Newly Diagnosed families
- Breakout sessions according to age, covering multiple aspects of care
- Special programming for Teen and Adult Track and Sibs Track registrants
- Fun and interactive Kids Track sessions (add-on opportunity)
- Social opportunities for moms, dads, grandparents, caregivers, siblings, and tweens and teens with Duchenne
- Virtual Poster Session and Resource Fair
- Conference Hub with a robust on-demand resource library
SPECIAL SESSIONS WITHIN THE VIRTUAL CONFERENCE
Newly Diagnosed Program
PPMD will be offering an amazing virtual support program for newly diagnosed Duchenne families as part of our Virtual Annual Conference. The program will consist of a Virtual Meet & Greet with other families and some PPMD staff on June 15/17 (you will be assigned to one of the scheduled dates) as well as an interactive Intro to Duchenne virtual session on June 19. You will receive admission to the full Virtual Annual Conference as well.
Why should the parents have all the PPMD fun? Kids grades K-8 are invited to join us for Kids Track 2021! This year PPMD will offer three interactive Kids Track sessions that are sure to be fun and entertaining:
- Virtual Wacky Science Show
More than just whiz, bang, poof and pop, this special show focuses on science with everyday objects and makes the Scientific Method easy to understand and fun!
- Read-Aloud & Live Cartooning Demo
Bestselling author Nick Bruel will lead a read-aloud from his Bad Kitty book series and do a live cartooning demo. Kids can follow along at home!
- Bingo Extravaganza with Ms. Rachel
A fun and interactive way to spend a little time with PPMD Kids Track Friends. And there are prizes!
Each child registered for Kids Track prior to June 9th will receive a Kids Track Swag Bag (US & Canadian residents only) filled with:
- Fun science items for Friday’s performance
- A copy of one of the Bad Kitty books and Illustration notepad
- The complete bingo kit you need to join Ms. Rachel on Saturday afternoon
Teen & Adult Track
The Teen & Adult Track will include a virtual social and closed sessions for teens and adults with Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophy ages 14 and over. The closed sessions, planned and hosted by the PPMD Adult Advisory Committee, will discuss important topics including relationships and social networks, finding purpose, and various areas of adult care. Access to general sessions from our Virtual Annual Conference is included as well.
Teen & Adult Track programming is for ages 14 and up; individuals with Duchenne/Becker only.Register for Teen & Adult Track >
The Sibs Track will include two separate virtual social sessions, one for siblings 16 and older, and one for siblings 15 and younger. There will also be a panel specifically geared to siblings to discuss relevant topics for this group. Access to general sessions from our Virtual Annual Conference is included as well. More details about this track are coming soon.Register for Sibs Track >
One on One appointments with experts
During PPMD’s Virtual Annual Conference, you will be able to make one on one appointments with experts in Genetics and the Registry, Physical Therapy, and School and Behavior Issues. Sign up for these appointment times will be available in the Virtual Conference Hub approximately one week prior to the start of the Conference.
Contact email@example.com if you have questions about PPMD’s Annual Conference.